The Thinking and Working Politically (TWP) Community of Practice (CoP) first came together at a small gathering that was convened at the end of a regional professional development conference of Governance Advisers working for the United Kingdom’s Department of International Development (DFID) held in Delhi in November 2013. That meeting was attended by a group of approximately 40–50 people, mainly practitioners, with the objective to ‘inform and influence the international development and donor community regarding how effectively to follow-through on the rhetorical and strategic assertion that ‘politics matters’. Since then, the CoP has held (and co-convened) a number of meetings, safe spaces, and events around the world, each addressing different issues and challenges in the TWP realm. Please click on the links below to find out more.
- Webinar: October 2021: Working Politically in Practice – lessons from Nigeria, co-convened with ODI and The Policy Practice
- Webinar: March 2018: From thinking to working politically: Reviewing the evidence on the integration of politics into development practice over the past decade
- Washington DC, January 2018: Power dynamics: TWP in the Energy Sector
- London, June 2017: Big Messy Problems
- London, May 2016: Anti-Corruption Research and Policy
- Washington D.C, February 2016